JCDecaux wins San Francisco’s iconic Street Furniture contract
Paris, July 31st, 2019 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced today that it has been awarded the iconic Street Furniture contract for San Francisco (population: over 860,000). The 20-year contract was awarded by the San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors in a unanimous vote and signed by the Mayor following a competitive tender.
The contract covers the program management, including design, installation and daily maintenance of 114 three-sided columns with 2 panels for advertising and 1 panel for City/public service uses, as well as 25 fully accessible automatic public toilets.
The approved design from SMITHGROUP is the winner of an innovative design competition among 12 diverse San Francisco-based architects and industrial designers. The columns and the toilets contemporary look and feel will be curved, fairly abstract, sculptural structures (see attached pictures).
70 of the new columns will have digital screens. 20 columns will provide a multi-service space dedicated for micro-businesses, way-finding systems and neighborhood services and 15 columns will be equipped with live-touch digital screens for city and civic information display.
Following the successful launch of small cells for 4G in the current columns, the contract will include the rights to 5G/4G small cells integration with a revenue split between the City of San Francisco and JCDecaux.
11 out the 25 new state of the art automatic public toilets will be supervised by attendants as part of a social entreprise community program. San Francisco’s automatic public toilets recorded 14 million flushes since the inception of the program in 1996 (850,000 over the last 12 months) and have the highest recorded usage in the world.
Jean-François Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-CEO of JCDecaux, said: “23 years after the launch of our advertising street furniture concept in the US in San Francisco, we are very pleased to continue and enhance the collaboration with the City of San Francisco, the World’s tech capital. This strategic partnership reflects both the sustainability of our business model as well as our capacity to develop new products and services that help cities deliver much needed infrastructures to their constituents in a fiscally responsible manner. The introduction of 4m² digital screens in the city centre will deliver valuable audiences to advertisers and enhance our digital US street furniture network which includes the most iconic locations such as 5th Avenue in New York City, North Michigan in Chicago and Boylston street in Boston”.
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2018 revenue: €3,619m, H1 2019 revenue: €1,842.3m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good index and the MSCI and CDP rankings
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (528,660 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 170 airports and 277 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (326,970 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (137,020 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (645,540 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (239,300 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (72,880 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (24,170 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (16,450 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,061,200 advertising panels in more than 80 countries
- Present in 4,030 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 13,030 employees
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini
+33 (0) 1 30 79 34 99 – email@example.com
Investor Relations: Arnaud Courtial
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – firstname.lastname@example.org