By continuing to use this site, you agree to receive cookies/similar technologies to measure visits, view videos and use social sharing buttons. More info about Privacy Notice
(View archived version, view changes)
Welcome to JCDecaux North America! This Privacy Notice describes the practices of JCDecaux North America, Inc. (“JCDecaux”, "we", "us", or "our") regarding the collection and use of information about individuals who visit our website located at www.jcdecauxna.com ("Site") or who view the content available on the Site or in our publications, or interact with us, through emails or otherwise in connection with the Site (collectively, "Service").
This Privacy Notice is part of, and is governed by, the terms set forth in our Terms and Conditions.
1. Consent to Privacy Notice
In this Privacy Notice, we describe the information we collect when an individual ("user" or "you") uses or accesses our Site or interacts with us in connection with the Site. By accessing or using this Site or interacting with us, you consent to the information collection, disclosure and use practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with the terms of our Privacy Notice, please do not access or use the Site.
2. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any changes to the Privacy Notice, we will post the notice of the changes and the updated Privacy Notice on this Site, along with its effective date, and notify users to the extent required by law.
If you do not agree with the proposed changes, you should discontinue your use of Services. Your continued use of the Service after we have posted changes to the Privacy Notice will indicate that you agree to be bound by such changes.
3. Information We Collect
We collect information from you when you access and interact with the Site or the Service. We collect both personal information and non-personal information depending on your level of interaction with the Service. Personal information is information that specifically identifies you as an individual, such as your name, email address or telephone number. Non-personal information is information that does not specifically identify you, such as aggregate statistics, de-identified personal information or unique identifiers (such as cookies) that are not linked to your personal information.
The information collected falls into two categories:
(i) Information you voluntarily provide to us directly:
- Electronic Communications: We may collect information that you choose to share with us via email or by completing a form, such as the ‘contact us’ form. We use this information to understand and respond to your questions.
- Surveys and Questionnaires: We may invite you to participate in surveys or to respond to a particular questionnaire. Participation in such surveys and questionnaires is voluntary. If you do decide to participate, we may request certain personal information from you, such as your name, email address or physical address. We will use this information for analytics purposes.
- Employment: You may choose to provide personal information in connection with an employment application or similar inquiry. In such event, you will be redirected to a site provided by a third party service provider. You may be required to create an account to submit your application.
(ii) Information automatically collected through your use of the Site:
We automatically collect information from your device when you use our Site. This may include:
- Device Information and Browsing Information: We record your IP address, the time of your visit to the Site, and information regarding the browser and operating system that you use. We collect certain information about how you use the Site or Service, which may include information on when and how you interact with the Site and the actions you take on the Site, the pages you visit, the links on which you click, or whether you open our emails.
- Mobile Device Users: When you access the Site via your mobile device we collect information about your device, such as the type of device you use, your device's unique device ID, the IP address of your device, your device's operating system and the type of browser you use. In addition, our service providers may be able to identify the location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by making the necessary adjustments to your device's location services setting.
The technology we use to collection information automatically from users includes the following:
You may choose to block certain categories of cookies. Most browsers contain information on how to control or delete cookies. These settings will typically be found in the "options" or "preferences" menu of your browser. Please note that blocking or disabling certain cookies may interfere with certain functionalities of our Site. Further, while disabling a cookie may prevent the future collection of information, it does not prevent the use of the information collected prior to the cookie being disabled. For more general information about cookies you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- An example of such third party is Google Analytics, which we use to collect and analyze demographic and other information, and through which Google will collect certain information to be used according to Google’s privacy practices. To opt-out of the use of Google Analytics, click here.
4. How We Use Information
In addition to some of the specific uses that we describe elsewhere in this Privacy Notice, we may use the information that we have collect to:
- Facilitate your use of the Site;
- Send emails about the Service or to respond to inquiries or requests for information;
- Process your personal information in connection with our marketing, human resources and other databases, as applicable.
- To maintain a record of contact information and correspondence;
- Improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of Service;
- Develop Site features that may be of interest to you;
- Optimize our marketing efforts, for example to compile statistics regarding the users of the Site, to identify usage trends, and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- Perform data analysis, audit, fraud monitoring and prevention;
- Conduct other functions as otherwise described at the time when the information is collected; and
- Perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of the Site.
5. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
In addition to our use of the information collected for our internal purposes, we may share information about users with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Employees, Third-Party Processors and Third-Party Service Providers: We will share this information with our employees, contractors, affiliates, distributors, dealers, vendors, and suppliers ("Service Providers") who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service, conducting data analytics, or performing marketing or consulting services. These Service Providers will only have access to the information needed to perform the functions that we have requested them to carry out on our behalf. Our contracts with these Service Providers prohibit them from using or sharing with others, for purposes other than as directed by us, the information that we provide to them or that they collect directly from our users.
- Business Partners: We may share non-personal information with business partners. The business partner may use the information in accordance with its own privacy policies over which we have no control.
- In Connection with Business Transfers or Bankruptcy: We may transfer users' information to a third party in case of the sale, merger, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stocks, corporate restructuring or bankruptcy, and as part of the due diligence process with any potential acquiring entity.
- Responding to Legal Requests and Preventing Harm: There may be times when we use, share, or disclose information about a user (a) if required to do so by law, or in response to a search warrant, subpoena, or a court order and we believe that such request is facially valid; (b) if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against suspected illegal or fraudulent activity, to protect the safety, property and other rights of JCDecaux; our service providers, other users or the public; and/or (c) to enforce our Terms and Conditions, or to defend against legal claims, or to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- For the Administration of Contests and Promotions: From time to time, we may offer contests and other promotions for which registration may be required. If you chose to enter a contest or promotion, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties or to the general public in connection with the administration of the contest or promotion, such as in connection with publication of winner selection.
- Aggregate or Anonymized Information: We may share information relating to users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous or aggregate basis for research, analytical or strategic purpose. This information is not intended to allow the identification of any specific user of the Service. We require parties with whom we share aggregate information to agree that they will not attempt to re-identify, re-associate, deaggregate or make this information personally identifiable, for example, by combining it with information from other third party databases.
We will retain information about our users as needed to provide you with the Service, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our rights or agreements unless a longer retention period is required or permitted under applicable law.
7. Information Security
We use reasonable technical, organizational and administrative measures to protect the information that we collect and store against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction and/or damage. We believe that these measures are reasonably adapted to the nature of the information in our custody. However, as no method of transmission over the Internet, or method
of electronic storage is 100% effective, we cannot guarantee and do no warrant the security of any information we may have collected.
8. Users Located Outside North America - Consent to Transfer
This Site is directed to users located in North America. Our affiliated entities offer websites located outside North America. If you reside outside of North America and choose to use this Site or our Services or to provide information to us, please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, processed and maintained on servers or databases located in the United States. Information stored in the United States may be subject to lawful requests by the courts or law enforcement authorities in the United States. By accessing and using this Service, you consent to our collection and use of your information, as described in this Privacy Notice, outside of your country of residence, including the transfer of your information across international boundaries. If you do not want your information to be transferred to, or processed or maintained in the United States, you should not access or use the Service.
9. Data Access, Opt-out and Your Choices About Your Information
We provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us.
- Personal User Information - If you would like to delete or modify your personal information, or to receive a copy of your personal information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Browsing Information - You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies or similar devices on your device or flush them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences, in which case you may still use our Site, but it may interfere with some of its functionality. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
10. Children's Privacy
This Site is a general audience service. Our content is not directed towards children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without parental/guardian consent, that information will be deleted. Parents/guardians who have questions about personal information that may have been submitted by a child under the age of 13 should contact us at email@example.com. By accessing and/or using the Site you represent that you are at least 13 years old.
11. Links to Other Sites
This Site may contain links to third party websites or display social networking buttons linking to third party websites that JCDecaux does not own or control. If you have a previous relationship with a third party, such as a social media platform, then they may recognize you and combine information collected through this Site with information they already possess about you. These links are provided for your convenience only and should be used at your discretion. Links from our Site to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the content, policies or practices of such third party websites. JCDecaux is not responsible for the data collection and the privacy practices of these third parties’ websites and our Privacy Notice does not apply to information provided to or gathered by the third parties that operate them.
12. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the use of your information, please contact us:
via email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
via our website; or
by mail addressed to JCDecaux North America, Inc. 350 Fifth Avenue, 73rd Floor, New York, NY 10118, attn: General Counsel.